This recipe came about after a near disaster with the freezer. The freezer had been switched off, but luckily, the whitebait, although defrosted, was still chilled. And so I decided to make a few batches of whitebait quiches!
- 400 g whitebait (or thereabouts)
- 4 x eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (I’m sure that other herbs would be fine)
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop the onion, and saute it in the coconut oil in a pan. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients.
- Add the onion back into the mixture.
- Spray a muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tray.
- Cook on 190 degrees celcius on fanbake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Wait for the quiches to cool slightly, and then gently lift them out onto a tray.
- Serve hot or cold.